VRCogni provides an effective, safe and enjoyable therapeutic activity intended for improving patient motor function in stroke victims, and in patients with Alzheimer’s and Dementia. VRCogni holds great potential for improving the quality of life of stroke patients, preventing long-term disability, and sparing vast costs of stroke rehabilitation.
Our product will provide exercises to improve verbal and visual memory. VR software has been used in studies to screen for mild cognitive impairment and provide a cognitive training application to improve memory.
– Approximately 795,000 people suffer a stroke each year in the U.S.¹
– Stroke is a leading cause of long-term disability and the leading preventable cause of disability.¹
– The average annual cost of stroke rehabilitation service utilization is approximate $12,000 per patient.²
– More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s.³
– The cost of Alzheimer’s and other dementias will total an estimated $259 billion in 2017.³